In 2011, to celebrate their 10th anniversary, Lost Highway Records released some of their most acclaimed albums. One of them was a Hank Williams cover/tribute album of his album, Timeless. It’s a tribute album in the sense it was made to honor both him and his legacy, but it’s still a cover album because it’s the album Timeless covered front to back by various artists including Tom Petty, Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, Beck, Sheryl Crow, Keith Richards, Mark Knopfler, Ryan Adams and Lucinda Williams; just to name a few .
There are two different versions/pressings of this tribute/cover album. One is the single LP, which is featured here, which is only the tribute/cover album. The other version is a double LP, which has the tribute/cover album on the first LP and the original Hank Williams album on the second LP. As far as I can tell the album artwork is the same between both versions, but I’m not sure if there is a different hype sticker on the cover of each one or not, or if the double LP versions has a hype sticker at all. I’m also not sure if the double LP version comes in a gatefold jacket or not, however the single LP version comes in a standard single pocket jacket. Both versions are pressed on clear vinyl. I’m not sure how many copies were pressed for the single LP version, but there were 1,000 copies pressed of the double LP version.
Here is the track listing:
- Bob Dylan – I Can’t Get You Off Of My Mind
- Sheryl Crow – Long Gone Lonesome Blues
- Keb’ Mo’ – I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry
- Beck – Your Cheatin’ Heart
- Mark Knopfler & His Band w/ Emmylou Harris – Lost On The River
- Tom Petty – You’re Gonna Change (Or I’m Gonna Leave)
- Keith Richards – You Win Again
- Emmylou Harris w/ Mark Knoplfer & His Band – Alone And Forsaken
- Hank III – I’m A Long Gone Daddy
- Ryan Adams – Lovesick Blues
- Lucinda Williams – Cold, Cold Heart
- Johnny Cash – I Dream About Mama Last Night