A-F Records released a protest compilation in 2014 called This Concerns Everyone, with 1/3 of the proceeds being donated to the Right To Heal Campaign, which is a joint effort between the Iraq Veterans Against The War, Organization of Women’s Freedom In Iraq and the Federation of Workers Councils and Unions In Iraq.
The comp mainly features individual members from various well established bands performing cover songs solo. Chris Conley (Saves The Day), Chris Farren (Fake Problems), Tom Morello (Rage Against The Machine), Chris Wollard (Hot Water Music), Tim McIlrath (Rise Against) and Justin Sane (Anti-Flag) just to name a few.
The comp was pressed on four different variants; ultra clear limited to 200 copies, silver limited to 300 copies, white limited to 500 copies and red limited to 1,000 copies. Ultra Clear was a “20 Years Of Hell subscribers early exclusive,” white is a A-F Records exclusive, silver is an Interpunk exclusive and red is available from everywhere else (distros & record stores, but can also be bought from A-F Records’ webstore). As of writing this the only variant sold out is the ultra clear, and that is likely due to it being part of a subscription.
The record comes in a regular jacket and there is no insert included. A download card does come with the record, and it gets you four exclusive download card bonus tracks.
Retail prices on this comp range greatly, with Interpunk charging the most at $19 before shipping., while A-F Records is charging $14 before shipping. Some disros are charging around $18 though, but others seem to be putting this on clearance, and if you shop smartly you can find this for $10 shipped, which is what I did. But I actually had quite the ordeal buying this comp. The distro I initially ordered it from sent me the wrong record, and I had to fight them tooth and nail to get a refund after returning it, they wouldn’t do an exchange for whatever reason. Took over 30 days to get the refund. But it all worked out in the end and I had the last laugh, as I was able to buy the comp elsewhere for cheaper.
Here is the track listing (original artist in parentheses):
- Chris Farren (Fake Problems – Establishment Blues (Rodriguez)
- Erica Freas (RVIVR) – Tiny Murders
- Chris Conley (Saves The Day) – A Change Is Gonna Come (Sam Cooke)
- Chris#2 (Anti-Flag) – What Did You Learn In School Today (Pete Seeger)
- PJ Bond – Dirty Hands
- Anika Pyle (Chumped) – Ugly
- Tom Morello (The Nightwatchman) – House Gone Up In Flames
- The Homeless Gospel Choir – Some People
- Chris Stowe – Other People’s Guns
- Chris Wollard & The Ship Thieves – Selected Scenes
- Roger Harvey – What Are You Fighting For (Phil Ochs)
- Shawna Potter and Brooks Harlan (War On Women) – Servilia
- Tim McIlrath (Rise Against) – Civil War (Guns N Roses)
- Justin Sane (Anti-Flag) – I Ain’t Got No Home (Woody Guthrie)
- Thomas From The Burning Land (Strike Anywhere) – The Deep State (Field Recording)
- Ryan Harvey – Hope Dies Last
Bonus tracks via download card:
- Prophet Motive – Hallowawa
- Josh Massie – Life During Wartime (Pinhead Gunpowder)
- Spoonboy – Last Of The Asshole (The Max Levine Ensemble)
- Pat Thetic – Owe Us A Living (CRASS)